Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Review: Another Shot (Wildcatters Hockey Series #2) by Alexa Padgett @AlexaPadgett

Another Shot

(Wildcatters Hockey Series #2)

by Alexa Padgett

Published: January 10, 2023

Publisher: Sidecar Press, Inc.

Genre: Sports, Romance, Contemporary Romance


Blurb:


The only ice I fear is the frozen wall protecting her battered heart…


Keelie Hayes has fast and hard rules about life and love, which have served her well. She’s kept her heart safe from being broken again, her trust from another painful shattering.

Until I, hockey star Cormac Bouchard, skated onto the scene with my charm and scorching sensual gaze only for her and changed the entire game. Keelie’s no longer sure about her rules, but she’s throwing up every frosty defense possible to keep from dreaming of that coveted shot at forever.

I don't make excuses for my poor choices. I’ve done the work, put in the hours, and served my time in life’s penalty box. Now, I want a place to belong–and to take my Wildcatters to the NHL finals. They’ve become the family I’ve always wanted, and I can’t let them down.

But my iron-willed focus fails me when it comes to the beautiful ice queen I want to melt in the hottest ways possible. If only I could earn her precious trust. I must relinquish my past to be the partner she deserves and the man I want to be.

Easier said than done.

Dare Cormac go all-in on a long-shot love that just might heal both their pasts and redeem a future neither ever dreamed possible? One-click this hockey romance filled with forgiveness, found family, and outrageous laughs today.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


 

My Review:

Another Shot is the second book in the Wildcatters Hockey Series and is told from two points of view. One point of view is told by hockey player Cormac Bouchard and the other is by Keelie Hayes a teacher who works with children who needs a little extra attention.

Cormac’s life was turned upside down when his wife ask him for a divorce. Cormac married his high school sweetheart. He sent her to school so she could become a lawyer and as soon as she grabs that degree she wants out of the marriage. Cormac wants more than anything to be a father but his ex-wife does not.

After an ordeal on the ice Cormac moves from Canada to Houston. The move was good for Cormac especially after he meets his new teammates. They make him a member of their little family.

Cormac loves working with kids so he does a lot of volunteer work with children which is where he meets Keelie. Keelie is working with a group of children at the ice rink where she and Cormac meet.

There is an immediate attraction between the two but with what both of them have had to deal with in the past gives them lots of reasons to play it cautiously. Neither one is quite ready to trust again. Keelie is less trusting than Cormac.

But they decide to take that first step and go out on a date where they both hit it off until Cormac’s ex decides she wants to take another chance and get back together with him. The appearance of Cormac’s ex sends Keelie heading for the hills so to speak. Keelie is protecting her heart. She has had enough of heartache to last her a lifetime and wants no part of it anymore. She can’t handle another heartbreak.

Another Shot is a well-written story. Cormac is every woman’s dream guy. He has the greatest personality. Every woman wants to be treated the way Cormac treats Keelie. He is the prince charming we all love and want.

If you are looking for a warm, steamy, and romantic story to get lost in for a few hours then I highly recommend that you give Another Shot a try! Grab your copy of Another Shot!


Be sure and check all the books in the Wildcatters Hockey Series


Coaching the Nanny #1

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub


Another Shot #2

Goodreads

Amazon

BookBub



Connect with Alexa Padgett: 

0 comments: