Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Review: The Air Omen (Hidden Legends: Academy of Magical Creatures #4) by Megan Linski & Alicia Rades @GryfynPub @aliciarades


The Air Omen
Hidden Legends: Academy of Magical Creatures #4
by Megan Linski & Alicia Rades
Published: October 8, 2019
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Young Adult, Magic


Blurb:

Fire and Water fight back.

Sophia

The battle for Orenda Academy has begun. The Elders have spoken, and the tribe is divided. The only way to reverse what’s happened is to take a stand.

We’ve started a smuggling operation to help students escape the castle, but it could cost us our lives. The prophecy is about to come true, and we’re desperate to change the course of this war.

The Air piece of the prophecy is our last hope. If we don’t find it, we won’t know what’s coming— or how to prevent the end.

Liam

The tribe’s darkest hour has come. Students labeled as “weak” have been subject to persecution. Sophia and I are no exception. The Elders consider us a threat— but they don’t know just how great of a threat we are.

An underground revolution is taking place. My father has set out to undermine the Elders, and he’s asked for my help. Information is needed, and to get it, I’ll have to become a spy, and risk execution.

In the middle of it all, I’m about to pop the question. I just hope I survive long enough to ask Sophia to marry me.

***

The race to stop the prophecy becomes more crucial as Liam and Sophia’s world falls under a dictatorship. Forbidden love is put at risk as espionage, secrets, and murder threaten to bring the end to the Elementai forever. Fans of Harry Potter and The Hunger Games will become addicted!

This is a full-length novel over 400 pages. Recommended reading age 16+





My Review:


The Air Omen is the fourth book in the Academy of Magical Creatures series and by far the best one yet. Now don’t get me wrong the other three books were amazing too. I loved each and every one but in different ways and for different reasons. Each book just seems to get better and better as the characters grew and their stories were revealed.

The world that was created for The Air Omen was just so amazing and intense. Once I picked it up I couldn’t put it down but life does get in the way on occasion. Every time I had to lay it down it stayed in the back of mind never letting me forget it not even for a minute and I do believe it will stay with me for a long time to come.

The characters seemed to grow right along with their magic. The magic and action just poured right out of the pages which helped to keep them turning faster and faster as the climax built higher and higher pumping up the old adrenaline until it all finally came crashing down as each secret was revealed leading up to the end.

The Air Omen had me in tears on more than one occasion and all for different reasons. The tears flowed because I was happy, sad, mad, angry, and heartbroken. I felt what the characters were feeling at several different times. Oh man when an author can make you feel what the characters are feeling and going through then in my opinion that is one brilliant author who knows how to tell a story.

The elders have done away with the four house system at Orenda Academy where a student was placed at their birth depending on their heritage. The Elders has replaced it with a two-part system. Defortai for whomever they deemed strong and Biyami for those they considered weak.

The Defortai were taking over the academy making their own rules and dealing with every situation that they came upon in any way they saw fit. People in the Biyami house were being rounded up like cattle and taken a way, where no one knew. The students were being forced to take sides sometimes that meant going against a friend.

The Orenda Academy is being ripped apart and war is on the horizon if Liam, Sophia, Jonah, Imogen and other students can’t come up with a way to stop it. The prophecy is about to take place or is it? Can they find what they need to stop what is coming? Can they find the Air piece before it is too late?

I highly recommend The Air Omen to all fans of magic, magical creatures and a great story. I definitely recommend every book in the Academy of Magical Creatures but I do suggest that you read them in order. I would start with The Fire Prophecy and the next one would be The Water Legacy and then onto The Earth Legend and then The Air Omen. 


Connect with Megan Linski:



Connect with Alicia Rades:




0 comments: