Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Review: The City Wife (The Isle of Burtonshire Saga Book 1) by R.M. Carpus @RMCarpus

The City Wife

The Isle of Burtonshire Saga Book 1

by R.M. Carpus

Published: July 31, 2022

Genre: Dystopian, Aliens, Science Fiction, Thriller


Blurb:


A displaced mother and daughter embark on a quest for refuge in this absorbing sci-fi family saga for fans of slow-burn suspense and page-turning domestic drama.


A crushing betrayal. A transcendent bond. Three thousand miles to the Isle.


My mother loved the city, and it loved her. Until the Turn. Until leaving became our only hope of survival. She’s slipping away more each day. I can feel it. The tide threatens to take me with her, but I’d be lying if I said I’d rather be anywhere else—with Florence is where I belong.

Now uprooted and on the run, we have to choose: surrender to a new beginning and leave our delicate past behind, or salvage the remains and try to find our way back.

Either way, I just want to go home.

But if home really is where the heart is, what happens when you lose heart?


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

The City Wife is the first book in The Isle of Burtonshire Saga and a great introduction to a new world. When I read the summary for The City Wife I wasn’t quite sure what to expect but what lies between its pages is not what I was expecting at all it was definitely a great story one which I can’t wait to read more of.

Disaster hits mother and daughter, Florence and Joanna in more ways than one. Their world is turned upside down in more ways than one in a matter of days. Joanna finds out that her father has another family when her sister comes knocking on her door looking for her dad.

When disaster strikes their hometown their world is once again turned upside down as chaos sets in. People are running amok trying to take whatever they want by force if necessary but Florence is one tough woman and she will stand up and fight for what belongs to her no matter the cost.

When things start to get bad Joanna and Florence head out for the Isle of Burtonshire where they will hopefully be safe. The Isle of Burtonshire has become a safe haven for many.

It took a while for The City Wife to take off but once it did I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough as I race to the end to see how it was all going to turn out. The City Wife may have been slow to build but once the twists set it the pace ramped up tremendously taking off like a bat.

The suspense kept me hanging on but the twists made it impossible for me to lay it down. I was taken aback by quite a few of those enormous twists that took me by surprise. And after that ending, I am now anxiously awaiting the next book in this oh-so-amazing series or saga that I can’t seem to get enough of as I sit here pondering it in my head as I write this review. I am finding it so easy to see The City Wife play out in my head now long after reading the last page.

I highly recommend this wonderful story The City Wife to anyone looking for the next great read! Grab your copy of The City Wife today and join Joanna and Florence on their journey to the Isle of Burtonshire!  


Connect with R.M. Carpus

Website ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

 

0 comments: