Saturday, October 15, 2022

Review: The Last Girls on Earth by Hayley Anderton @handerton96

The Last Girls on Earth

by Hayley Anderton

Published: October 15, 2022

Genre: Dystopian


Blurb:


A thief.

A cage fighter.

A soldier.

Only the strongest will survive.


Three girls are trying to get by in a world not made for them. Overpopulation has destroyed Britain as we know it, leaving behind poverty, barren lands and a new age of radical politics. Raven, Riley and Karissa have been set up to fail from the start, dealt the worst cards in the pack, but they've made it this far.

But when the government announces their solution to the problem, things go from bad to worse. Suddenly, the girls are left with no option, but to find a new way to survive in a hostile world. Will they be the last women standing, or will the last girls on Earth be crushed under its weight?


Goodreads ~ Amazon

 

My Review:

The Last Girls on Earth is a great start to a new series. I couldn’t wait to dive into The Last Girls on Earth as it is one of my favorite genres of all time. And once I picked up The Last Girls on Earth I couldn’t lay it down as it drew me in from the first page pulling me deeper and deeper in until the world around me disappeared. I love end-of-the-world-type stories. 

The Last Girls on Earth is told from different characters' points of view. I love stories like this as I believe that you can get to know more characters this way. I also believe that you get more of the story as well. 

The Last Girls on Earth is a story that makes you stop and think wondering and knowing that this could be our world one day. It makes you wonder if this is a possible future for us all. 

When I was reading The Last Girls on Earth I felt as if I was a part of their world. The descriptions were so well done I could see it all playing out in my head. I could see their world all around me. I could see all the characters and it was so easy to picture them in their surroundings and their clothes. 

The Last Girls on Earth is set in Britain. In a world where the people outnumber the food available. The Last Girls on Earth is a story about three girls who live in Britain and their way of life, a life that neither one belongs. One is a thief, one is a cage fighter, and the other is a soldier. 

Their world is changing and changing fast. Each girl must fight if they are going to survive. Who will be standing when it is all over? What must they endure before their new life can begin? Can they save themselves and the ones they care about at the same time? 

I sorely enjoyed reading The Last Girls on Earth and can’t wait to see what lies ahead for the survivors. What will life have to offer them when their fighting is done? What will their world look like when it is all over? I can’t wait to find out in the next book. 

I highly recommend The Last Girls on Earth to all fans of end of the world books! Grab your copy of The Last Girls on Earth today!  


Connect with Hayley Anderton:

Twitter ~ Wattpad ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Instagram


0 comments: