Thursday, November 3, 2022

Review: Splintered (The Illusion of Truth #4) by Jenetta Penner @JenettaPenner

Splintered

The Illusion of Truth #4

by Jenetta Penner

Published: November 3, 2022

Genre: Young Adult, Dystopian, Science Fiction


Blurb:


I’d take the weight of her world.

But I know that’s impossible and not even the right thing to do. Tenly is her own person with her own thoughts, dreams, and responsibilities.

I want to marry Ten. I want to spend my days with her, and grow old with her. But I have no idea whether that dream can ever become a reality when there’s no guarantee that we’ll live until tomorrow.

So for now, for this moment, I can keep her close and let her know she is everything to me.

I love you, Tenly Hawkins. No matter what.


Goodreads ~ Amazon

 

My Review:

Tenly is very upset that she doesn’t know where her parents are or even if they are still alive. Her depression is getting worse. It is getting to the point where it is taking over her whole mind leaving no room for hardly anything else. Kalib wants nothing more than to take Tenly’s pain upon himself.

Kalib has a chance to help Tenly when he is asked to go on a mission to visit some of the camps around the area looking for others who made need their help. Kalib sees this mission as an opportunity to look for Tenly’s parents.

Kalib is in love with Tenly and will do whatever he can to help ease her burdens if he possibly can. Kalib wants to marry Tenly but she is so sad at the moment that it would be wrong to even bring the subject up to Tenly of their possible marriage one day. I mean how can she think about being happy when she is so sad?

Splintered started off with a blast and never let up from the first page until the last. The moment I opened up Splintered I was hooked and I couldn’t turn those pages fast enough as I just had to know how it was all going to turn out in the end. The suspense kept me glued to the pages as I sat on the edge of my seat waiting to see what lay ahead for Kalib, Mia, and Luek on their mission.

I would recommend Splintered to all dystopia fans! Grab your copy of Splintered today!


Be sure and check out all the books in The Illusion of Truth Series


Collapsed #1

Goodreads

Amazon


Shattered #2

Goodreads

Amazon


Fractured #3

Goodreads

Amazon


Splintered #4

Goodreads

Amazon


Connect with Jenetta Penner:

Website ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Instagram ~ Pinterest

0 comments: