Monday, October 11, 2021

Review: Wendigo by David Viergutz

Wendigo

Otherworld Archives

by David Viergutz

Published: October 11, 2021

Publisher: Terror Ink Publishing

Genre: Horror, Fiction


Blurb:


The Wendigo craves flesh, and will be a slave to its hunger forever.

James Pope and his wife Rebecca share a son…and a marriage crippled by dysfunction. When James’s alcoholism culminates to his arrest, Rebecca promptly moves out and files for divorce. To clear her head, she attempts an ill-prepared adventure in the Rocky Mountains with her son.

A day into the trip, James receives a cryptic text with coordinates to a restricted section of the forest near where his estranged wife and son are visiting.

But when all attempts to contact them fail, James assumes the worst. He springs into action to help his family…and hopefully get a second chance with Rebecca.

Soon, his rescue mission becomes a fight for the family’s survival against a horrifying creature of legend, the Wendigo. Now, they can all finally agree on something: They aren’t alone in the woods.

Fans of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and Supernatural will surely love this bone-chilling creature-feature of western lore.

An Otherworld Archives Horror Universe Novel.


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Like all of David Viergutz’s novels, Wendigo drew me into its depths from the very beginning. Once I opened Wendigo and read that first page I was hooked and there was no way I could lay it down until I had read the last page.

Wendigo kept me on the edge of my seat with excitement and anxiety with all the mystery and suspense that was pouring from each word. I could see the looks on each of the character's faces as they were traipsing through the woods, jumping at every little sound not knowing what to expect. I could feel the eerie presence of whatever it was the characters were feeling as they eased their way through tree after tree on that dark and terrifying trail.

The build-up throughout the book was very well done. Each scene is written with such exquisite detail that I had no problem at all picturing it all in my head. The characters are all amazingly well done as well. Wendigo is told from several different characters' situation and their own events.

I am so enjoying the stories from the Otherworld Archives and can’t wait for the next book, Belford Manor to make its appearance. I can’t wait to read Marcus’s story and discover the horrors that are waiting between its pages.

Wendigo is a horrifically amazing story that I highly recommend to all horror fans! So one-click your copy of Wendigo today for a horrific time! Be sure and check out Cracked Altar: St. Andrews while you are there. I highly recommend both books.  

 

Connect with David Viergutz:

Website ~ Facebook ~ Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub

0 comments: