Monday, February 10, 2020

Review: The Elemental War (Hidden Legends: Academy of Magical Creatures #5) by Megan Linski & Alicia Rades @GryfynPub @aliciarades


The Elemental War
Hidden Legends: Academy of Magical Creatures #5
by Megan Linski & Alicia Rades
Published: February 10, 2020
Genre: Fantasy, Paranormal, Young Adult, Magic


Blurb:

Fire and Water join the rebellion.

Sophia

We’ve found all four pieces of the prophecy, but it’s already too late. The prophecy has come true, and we’ve been forced to flee our home. The Elders are hunting us down, and there’s nowhere to run.

But we can’t just abandon our people. Returning to Kinpago proves more difficult than we thought, but this time, we’re coming back with an army. I’m ready to lay my life down for the tribe...

Until an unexpected discovery changes everything.

Liam

In the midst of war, Sophia and I are ready to take our vows. But getting married in the middle of genocide isn’t just dangerous, it’s deadly. My friends and I have allied ourselves with an underground group of elementals. To survive, we must unify the Hawkei into one tribe.

My people need someone to follow. I must take my place as the leader I was always meant to be, and make amends with the ancestors if we’re going to survive.

But Sophia isn’t the only one I need to protect. A new beginning is on its way, and once it arrives, nothing will ever be the same.

**

The world of the Elementai is cast into war in book five of the Academy of Magical Creatures series. Harry Potter collides with Hunger Games in this breathtaking magic academy saga. Pre-order today and be the first to experience the magic!

This is a full-length novel over 400 pages. Recommended reading age 16+


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ BookBub


My Review:

Things are changing for Sophia, Liam and the rest of the gang as they are forced to leave their home and began anew. The gang finds a new home and building a new life for themselves as much as they can with the Task Force hot on their trail as they prepare for the war that is coming sooner rather than later.

The Elemental War had me in tears on more than one occasion and on others it had me rolling with laughter. The characters can be so funny at times, but then there are times when you just want to give them a hard shake.

The Elemental War grabbed me by the heart and just kept on squeezing. I felt for all of the characters at one time or another with all the things they had been through or was experiencing it tore my heart to pieces.

The Elemental War touched on so many different topics and experiences with each of the characters. I felt so bad for Imogen with what she was going through and I kept wondering about the wrench that was thrown in her life to cause her to do what she did. My heart just broke for her.

There were some good in the story too, but I am not going to say it's balanced out as I am still pondering on what Liam said about the world not being black or white that everything doesn’t always balance out. It’s like good vs evil or light vs dark.  Life doesn’t always balance out or even out; that we all have a little of both in us of good and evil we just chose which one we are going to feed the most.

Each and every book of the Hidden Legends: Academy of Magical Creatures that Megan Linski and Alicia Rades have written just seems to get better and better. 

The characters just keep growing and becoming stronger with each book and the world building becomes more awesome and exciting.

The Elemental War just never lets up on the excitement and the action it just keeps rolling on out with each turn of the page revealing more and more. It is one big tearjerker with all the falls that leaps off the page right into your heart. I can’t wait to read more of their adventures in the next and last book The Soul Sacrifice coming soon.



I definitely recommend The Elemental War plus the first four books in the Hidden Legends: Academy of Magical Creatures to all fans of magic, great world building, great characters, and the best sort of familiars around not to mention a whole lot of love with non-stop action with each turn of the page. One click, your copy today to begin this magical adventure.


Connect with Megan Linski:



Connect with Alicia Rades:




0 comments: